Need to Know
- It was important for Canisius College to create a platform that stood out amongst its competitors with unparalleled user experience for its primary audience, prospective students.
- Northern implemented custom reporting and site tracking through Google Tag Manager and Analytics 4.
- The new digital experience prioritizes search functionality, intuitive navigation, and mobile optimization.
Canisius College is a top-tier private University in Buffalo, New York, providing students with a hands-on, transformative experience engaging in the classroom and beyond.
Northern was selected to partner with Canisius through an RFP process to upgrade canisius.edu to Drupal 9. This move triggered a revamp of essential elements that the College wanted to see in its next-generation solution.
Northern focused on enriching the prospective students' digital experience while enhancing Canisius College's brand messaging and upgrading the integration to its Program Catalog.
Northern's UX research uncovered the primary needs of Canisius College's target audience, which helped the UI team deliver more intuitive navigation and pathways to important content. The improved information architecture is evident in a more streamlined home page and access to the program catalog.
The migration to Drupal 9 also provided an excellent opportunity for Canisius College to audit its SEO status. Northern ensured a seamless migration experience while improving the site’s SEO and integrating Google Tag Manager and Analytics 4 for a more sophisticated tracking portfolio. These new integrations allow Canisius College to report trends more accurately, giving them the confidence to make future marketing decisions.
The new site (launched in March 2022) now focuses on the authentic primary audience (prospective students), has intuitive navigation, and gives students quick and easy access to essential information.
- Search- and SEO-empowered website;
- Modern permissions and workflow architecture;
- New marketing, lead generation, and analytics capabilities;
- A streamlined approach to the application process;
- Updated and structured template design and Layout Builder capabilities;
- Dynamic messaging and commenting for the website content generation;
- Increased performance and page load time;
- ADA and WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliant site built with a device-agnostic, responsive design;
- A vibrant design captures the Canisius experience essence and differentiates them from competing institutions.
- Integration with external Program Catalog
- Component-based layout using Paragraphs
- Configuration pages for customization of
- Home Page content