Need to Know
- With business operations extending to Canada, the USA, and Europe, the organization faced new regional regulation challenges.
- The email program required advanced segmentation to send tailored messages to geo-targeted customers at critical touchpoints in the buyer's journey.
- A bespoke strategy allowed the brand to effectively deliver the right message to the right customer at the right time - regionally.\
Collective Arts fuses craft beverages with curated flavours and limited-edition works of art on the labels. The brand tells the stories of talented artisans worldwide while ensuring every sip is a unique, immersive experience.
Collective Arts Brewing partnered with Northern to develop a comprehensive email marketing strategy that reflected the business's needs, including regulations that coincide with the sale of alcohol and CBD-infused beverages. Northern created a bespoke email marketing strategy for each country and region, allowing the brand to effectively deliver the right message to the right customer at the right time.
Collective Arts rapidly expanded beyond its brewery in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. With business operations extending to Canada, the USA, and Europe, the organization faced new challenges due to the different regulations in each region surrounding the purchase and distribution of alcoholic and CBD-infused beverages.
The brand's Mailchimp email program struggled with the advanced segmentation required to send tailored messages to geo-targeted customers at critical touchpoints in their buyer's journey. As such, Collective Arts came to Northern seeking a scalable solution for their eCommerce email marketing program that could grow with them.
Northern migrated the Collective Arts' email program from Mailchimp to a multi-account Klaviyo solution, creating regional accounts to target each online sales channel with unique campaigns. The email marketing strategy aimed to scale performance, emphasize customer retention, and encourage repeat purchases while adhering to region regulations.
How We Did It
- Northern migrated the email program from Mailchimp to Klaviyo and set up Klaviyo accounts for each region's Shopify store for Collective Arts Brewing and the newly added Collective Project.
- Northern restructured Collective Arts Brewing's master email subscriber list across all accounts using advanced segmentation and IP geolocation data.
- We strategically warmed the dedicated sending infrastructure for each account using highly targeted campaigns to ensure deliverability for future campaigns.
- Using subscriber lifecycle roadmaps, Northern identified opportunities to deliver personalized content, ensuring subscribers received emails at integral touchpoints throughout their purchase journey.
- We optimized the email program for legislation compliance in Canada (CASL), the USA (CAN-SPAM), and Europe (GDPR) to ensure communications respected users' privacy and deliverability remained high.