Need to Know
GP Bikes needed an eCommerce-focused email service provider to extend its superior offline customer experience online.
Automated email workflows enriched with data from its eCommerce platform mobilized customers to purchase.
Dynamic coupons encouraged first-time purchases to buy again by incorporating discounts into welcome messages.
GP Bikes sought to improve its email marketing program by migrating to a more powerful eCommerce-focused ESP platform, growing its subscriber list, and delivering personalized experiences to its audience. As a Klaviyo Gold Master Partner, Northern successfully developed and implemented a powerful email marketing strategy that drove impressive results and paved the road for GP Bikes to advance its growth for years to come.
The journey began for GP Bikes 21 years ago with five used motorcycles, one employee, and a dream. GP Bikes has seen tremendous growth over time, but its commitment to excellent service has remained unwavering. Now with over 40,000 square feet in-store dedicated to motorsports and 50 team members, the dream is revved and thriving. Its vision expanded to include dirt bikes, motocross, ATVs and UTVs, snowmobiles, watersports, and OEM parts.
GP Bikes needed to provide a superior online consumer experience by optimizing its digital marketing mix for peak performance with its rapid growth. The top priority was to scale their email program to an enterprise level to align with the company’s progression.
The retailer uncovered the need to upgrade their email service provider to more fully leverage email marketing and nurture subscribers through their purchase journey. To increase its sales and boost its revenue, GP Bikes looked to enrich its email program by providing personalized experiences and mobilizing its user data to extend its commitment to excellent customer service in the eCommerce ecosystem.
A successful marketing program engages and nurtures subscribers by offering unique and personalized solutions to fulfill customers’ needs. To reach GP Bike’s email marketing goals, Klaviyo’s robust segmentation capabilities and seamless automation features made it Northern’s top choice for the client.
Northern prepared a plan to transition GP Bikes onto the eCommerce-focused Klaviyo email platform. The strategy entailed growing the GP Bikes email list with tactically placed opt-in points, leveraging automation at critical customer touchpoints, personalizing the subscriber experience using dynamic content, boosting subscriber engagement, and ultimately scaling performance.
As a Klaviyo Gold Master Partner, Northern created a smooth onboarding experience that unified GP Bikes’ online sales channel with seamless marketing automation—transforming the customer journey into individualized, conversion-focused, and accessible interactions.
How We Did It
- Integrated Klaviyo with Magento to leverage benefits such as historical data syncing, dynamic coupons, automatic cart link rebuilding, customer-level predictions, and more.
- Established credibility as an email sender to ensure high deliverability rates by strategically warming the dedicated send infrastructure and enhancing engagement through granular audience segmentation.
- Designed and implemented automated email workflows that integrated with an online retail pop-up and a list-building tactic to help acquire new subscribers and nurture them to purchase.
- Harnessed the power of dynamic coupons that automatically provided new subscribers with a unique first-time purchase discount by incorporating them into the welcome email flow.
- Developed a modular email template to ensure accessibility and compliance considerations are met and provide consistent branding and ease of use across all email campaigns.
- Optimized the email program for Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) compliance to ensure communications respected users' privacy and deliverability remained high.