West Coast Kids is working to be the home of baby and toddler items for Canadian parents, whether that is serving them in-person on the drive home or online at night when they realize they need a new crib. As Canada's leading premium baby and toddler retailer, West Coast Kids wanted to build upon their current digital footprint and drive aggressive growth online and understand potential local markets to expand their next retail store.
West Coast Kids traces its roots back over 40 years ago when founder Marsha Dashefsky was frustrated looking for baby furniture for her firstborn and realized there were no specialty stores for parents. A family-owned business from the very beginning, the store was founded on the concept of offering parents a specialty store for newborns to teens, providing them with the best and largest selection of merchandise at the very best prices.
To position the brand for success, the client was looking to obtain 70% growth year-over-year from their advertising efforts. Northern developed a strategy that delivered 22x returns from advertising, far-surpassing the client's objective.
The team at Northern Commerce recognized the opportunity to expand an already winning strategy that could both drive increased revenue at scale while also delivering a consistent Return On Ad Spend (ROAS) and building customer sales insight. Using West Coast Kid's catalogue of over 40,000 products, we synced their inventory management system, Aralco, to deliver real-time data to their eCommerce platform, Magento.
In doing so, the Northern team could leverage an enriched product data feed to ensure the maximum amount of efficiency when combined with the power of Smart Bidding solutions and advanced Google Shopping campaigns. As a result, this allowed for more aggressive scaling opportunities that could reach new audiences, and build real CRM data on customer and market concentrations.
How We Did It
- Created an optimized data feed following Google's best practices, including custom labels for data like price range, profit margin, and high average order values.
- Synced West Coast Kids inventory management system, Aralco, with their eCommerce platform, Magento, to deliver an enriched real-time data feed.
- Leveraged advanced campaign bidding solutions backed by Google's machine learning capabilities to drive increased efficiency at scale.
- Analyzed CRM Data to identify potential market opportunities for retail expansion.
- Utilized Google Smart Shopping Campaigns (instead of standard Shopping campaigns) to help reach new audiences and expanded placements while also leveraging more optimal bidding capabilities.