Need to Know
- Northern helped West Coast Kids create an omnichannel shopping experience.
- The marketing strategy developed by Northern delivered 22x the client's objective.
- Inventory management synced to its eCommerce platform, delivering real-time product data.
- Leveraged an enriched product data feed combined with Smart Bidding solutions and advanced Google Shopping campaigns
West Coast Kids traces its roots back to over 40 years ago when founder Marsha Dashefsky was frustrated looking for baby furniture for her firstborn and realized there were no specialty stores for parents. A family-owned business from the very beginning, the store was founded on the concept of offering parents a specialty store for newborns to teens, providing them with the best and most extensive selection of merchandise at the very best prices.
West Coast Kids wanted to build upon its current digital footprint, drive aggressive growth online, and understand potential local markets to expand its next retail store.
Leveraging Magento Enterprise, Northern helped West Coast Kids create an omnichannel shopping experience with easy-to-manage features, including integrated product processing, order fulfillment and a gift registry that allows customers to add products online and in-store.
To position the brand for success, the client sought 70% growth year-over-year from its advertising efforts. Northern developed a strategy that delivered 22x returns from advertising, far-surpassing the client's objective.
The team at Northern Commerce recognized the opportunity to expand an already winning strategy that could drive increased revenue at scale while delivering a consistent return on ad spend (ROAS) and building customer sales insight. Using West Coast Kid's catalogue of over 40,000 products, we synced its inventory management system, Aralco, to deliver real-time data to its Magento eCommerce platform.
Northern leveraged an enriched product data feed combined with Smart Bidding solutions and advanced Google Shopping campaigns. As a result, this allowed for more aggressive scaling opportunities that could reach new audiences and build accurate CRM data on customer and market concentrations.
How We Did It
- Created an optimized data feed following Google's best practices, including custom labels for price range, profit margin, and high average order values
- Synced West Coast Kids inventory management system, Aralco, with its Magento eCommerce platform to deliver an enriched real-time data feed
- Leveraged advanced campaign bidding solutions backed by Google's machine learning capabilities to drive increased efficiency at scale
- Analyzed CRM Data to identify market opportunities for retail expansion
- Used Google Smart Shopping Campaigns to reach new audiences and expand placements while leveraging optimal bidding